Project Title: Nepal Health System Strengthening (HSS) Program
Period: February 8, 2018 to December 7, 2022
Type: Cost Reimbursable Subaward
Contract No: 72036718CA00001
Collaborating Agency: USAID/ Abt Associates Inc
Description of Work:
USAID’s Strengthening System for Better Health Activity is a 5-year project aimed at improving health outcomes in Nepal, particularly for the most marginalized and disadvantaged groups in the country. This will be accomplished through supporting the Government of Nepal’s efforts to expand access to and use of quality maternal, newborn and child health and family planning services, with a specific focus on newborn care. System Strengthening for better health was initiated in January 2018 and will achieve three outcomes:
- Improving access to and utilization of equitable healthcare services,
- Improving the quality of health services at facility and community levels and
- Improving health system governance, within the context of decentralization and federalism.
The project will be implemented in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development, provincial and municipal governments, facility and community level health service providers and other key stakeholders. Project works at national, provincial and municipal levels in the target geographic areas.
Scope of Work:
- Provide technical support for health systems interventions contributing directly to the availability and quality of maternal, new born, child health services, family planning and improved governance for management of health services.
- Focus on direct technical support to strengthen local government capacity for planning, budgeting, financial management, human resources management and will also contribute substantively to project efforts to improve systems across the health sector.
- Contribute to project technical discussions, annual work planning and routine reporting in relation to their areas of technical expertise and responsibility under the project.
- Contribute on implementation of interventions designed to enhance equity in access to health services, strengthen health governance and national policies related to health service delivery.
- Recruit and hire qualified Nepali professionals to fill the full time positions on the project.