Period: November 01, 2014 to June 30, 2015
Type: Implementation of Work plan
Service Agreement: Contract #MASS-FY15/01
Collaborating Agency: Ipas Nepal
Since 2002, abortion has been legally permitted in Nepal during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy or up to 18 weeks in cases of rape, incest, fetal malformation or when the woman’s life is endangered. Since the abortion ban was overturned, Nepal’s maternal mortality ratio has shown evidence of decline; however, reducing women’s risk of death and injury from unsafe abortion remains a top priority.
As Nepal expands women’s rights, Ipas will continue working to ensure that abortion is safe and accessible for every woman. Ipas Nepal works to increase public awareness, train and educate current and future abortion providers, and make safe abortion services available in the NGO, public and private sectors throughout the country.
Scope of Work
- provide logistic management support for Provider Support Team Orientation
- coordinate programmatic support to MA and LARC facilities including COPE and 3 Week post training-Annual
- networking meeting in five districts ( Illam, Sunsari,Siraha,Parbat and Myagdi)
- provide logistic and management support to training ( including early pregnancy detection and referral and community
- education through Mother Groups to include safe abortion services) for FCHV in 5 districts
- assist with Client Exit Interview data collection in 3 facilities per districts in two districts